Relapsed/refractory follicular NHL
Follicular lymphoma (FL) follows a chronic relapsing and remitting course and although the disease is responsive to conventional chemotherapy,1,2 there are no curative options. The response rate and relapse-free survival rate in FL decrease progressively after each treatment failure, with a median survival of 4–5 years after the first relapse.2,3 The aim of maintenance therapy in FL is to prolong the initial response. Induction and maintenance with MabThera plus chemotherapy in FL extends patients’ lives and time free of disease by years. MabThera maintenance is a new standard of care and has been shown to significantly improve overall survival (OS), almost halving the risk of death.4,5
1. Hiddemann W, Buske C, Dreyling M, et al. J Clin Oncol 2005;23: 6394–6399.
2. Johnson PW, Rohatiner A, Whelan J, et al. J Clin Oncol 1995;13:140–147.
3. Gallagher CJ, Gregory W, Jones A, et al. J Clin Oncol 1986;4:1470–1480.
4. van Oers MH, Klasa R, Marcus RE, et al . Blood 2006;108:3295–3301.
5. van Oers MH, Van Glabbeke M, Bailaet L, al. Blood 2008;112 (Abstract 836).